Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Update with Mark Yates

10 June 2015

Manager with the latest summer player news

Mark Yates has been updating us with player news as he steps up his planning ahead of the start of pre-season training on July 1 and the big kick off in League Two on August 8.

 

Last month the club offered new contracts of various length to several players.

 

Mark said: “Josh Simpson has turned us down. He wants to look at other options which we fully understand and we wish Josh all the best for the future. He has been a great servant of Crawley Town over the last four years and he will always be a welcome visitor to the club.  

 

“We are pleased that Bobson Bawling has agreed a new one-year deal and we are still in discussions with Conor Henderson.

 

“The club initially made offers to Marvin Elliott and Dean Morgan but after evaluating the squad I decided not to go any further with these two players. I would like to thank both for their services to the club and wish them all the best for the future.”

 

Brian Jensen, Dean Leacock, Charles Banya, Emmett O’Connor, Blair Anderson, Bradley Isaacs, Kelly Youga, John Cofie and Ryan Richefond have all been released at the end of their contracts and we wish them all the very best for their future careers.”

 

In terms of new signings, Mark is continuing to pursue several targets.

 

He said: “We are getting very close on a couple of things and are holding discussions with other players. I am looking to improve us in central defence and across the midfield and wide areas and, of course, we also need a goalkeeper.

 

“I have had some very productive meetings in the last few days. I don’t like to put a timescale on or promise things by a certain date because there can sometimes be unexpected delays but I am very excited about the potential business we hope to complete in the next few days and weeks.”


Advertisement block