Trevor Budgen, Barb Robinson, Chris Covey, Anna Redman, Kevin Harrison, Carl & Ivor Gillespie, Alan Cox, Peter & Teagan Gill, Sue & Terry Scoble, Eric Strange, Susan & Michael Wheeler, Andy Tester & potential new member Bernice Stephen.
Invited Guest: Joe Comper (Commercial & Communities Manager).
Barb made a short address highlighting the success of the group over the last three years and the frank and open relationship the DSA has with the club. The full report is attached separately but highlights are listed below.
- Dropped kerb outside Redz bar & improved access across the stream at the rear of the stadium, in partnership with the club and Crawley Borough Council
- Liaised with the CBC Access Officer to provide Disability Awareness training to the staff/stewards & conduct an access audit at the club
- Improved blue badge parking arrangements and drop off zone.
- Audio Description Service to any home or away fan needs it FOC. This service was launched in the 2015-2016 season and has an average of 4 to 5 users per game. Mainly home supporters
- Guide to the Stadium and Video Access Guide is on the Club website and that of Level Playing Field & the EFL.
Social events to date:
- Regular meetings and gatherings of all members
- New year meal and raffle held in January 2016 and 2017
- We took part LPF weeks of action 2015 and 2016. Activities included DSA members were invited to be player escorts.
- Two of our members represented at the first LPF regional forum in 2015 which was held at Portsmouth FC and we hosted the 2016 forum in the CTFC Executive Suite which was widely praised by the delegates who attended from other clubs.
Barb then handed the meeting over to our treasurer Terry Scoble for his summary of accounts
- Terry advised the accounts were fully audited in June 30th 2017.
- Terry handed over a copy of the accounts which shows a credit balance of £50.72.
- £150.00 to Crawley Town Community Foundation towards the training of new AD commentators to replace the three who have left the service.
The total amount needed was £550.00 and the Club has paid the rest.
The DSA has applied for a grant of £150.00 from the Longley Trust to cover the money we paid towards the AD training, so this will go back into our funds.
Terry advised he has accounts for each of the 3 years which can be forwarded to anyone on request.
- Election of officers.
All three current officers were re-elected and members were asked to select a Vice Chair. Chris Cheshire was proposed by Carl, seconded by Ivor and those present agreed.
- Officers are as follows.
Barb Robinson - Chairperson
Terry Scoble - Treasurer
Michael Wheeler - Secretary
Chris Cheshire - Vice chair
- The steering group will now include the above four people together with Sue Scoble and Susan Wheeler. Others may be co-opted as required.
Changes to the constitution were agreed as follows:
- The auditor pointed out there was no year-end date in the constitution and it was proposed section 5.4 will now include a year end date of the 30th June.
- Section 5.1 will now include regular meetings when needed.