Following the UK Government’s introduction of Plan B measures for its Autumn/Winter Plan, Crawley Town is asking its supporters to Be Prepared before they travel to watch the Reds in action.
As of Wednesday 15 December, Covid-19 Certification is mandatory for entry into settings where large crowds gather – including unseated indoor events with 500 or more attendees, unseated outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees and any event with 10,000 or more attendees.
As a result, supporters will need to be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 Certification to enter football stadia where the attendance will exceed 10,000 seated or 4,000 standing.
Similar legislation is already in force in Wales, with Cardiff City, Newport County and Swansea City already operating these measures.
To Be Prepared, those of you who are attending fixtures, where COVID-19 Certification is mandatory, are advised to:
- Check the Club’s latest COVID-19 guidance in advance of matchday and read its COVID Code of Conduct.
- Ensure you have a valid form of COVID certification in your possession before you leave for the ground or you will not be permitted entry.
- The best form of Certification is the COVID pass. You can download the COVID digital pass using the designated NHS App or to your wallet or camera roll in case there is no signal.
- Bring your original printed NHS COVID Pass on the day of the fixture if you are unable to use the digital version.
- A negative Lateral Flow test result will be permissible should you be unable to provide a COVID pass
- Make sure your passes are easily accessible to ensure efficiency and speed of access when approaching the turnstiles.
TEST BEFORE TRAVEL
Full details on how to obtain a COVID NHS Pass can be found above, but for those who are not yet double vaccinated, you will need to take a lateral flow test within 48 hours of attending the match.
If the test returns a positive result, then you must NOT attend the fixture and follow the correct procedures as advised by the NHS. Further information about COVID-19 is available HERE.
DON’T TRAVEL IF UNWELL
Even if double-vaccinated, you must not attend if you, or anybody attending with you, is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms, feels unwell, or is required to self-isolate.
- How to get an NHS COVID Pass - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
- How to download a digital NHS COVID Pass - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/
- Further information about COVID-19 - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/