Formed in 1896, Crawley Town Football Club played their formative years in the West and Mid Sussex Leagues at a variety of grounds in and around the town.
The club moved to their new home, Town Mead, in 1949, based in the town centre. In May 1997, the last match was played at Town Mead, and after 48 seasons the ground was sold for redevelopment and the club moved to The People’s Pension Stadium.
In 2006, the club was just over an hour from extinction, having entered administration for the second time in seven years, fortunately, the third offer to creditors was accepted and the club survived.
From Town Mead to Old Trafford to beating Leeds United in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, Crawley Town Football Club is proud to be celebrating 125 years of history.
To celebrate, the club will be introducing a new commemorative badge for the 2021/22 season.
The badge will sit proudly on both our home and away kit for the 2021/22 season, as well as the official leisurewear and training range. The club’s social media will also don the new badge to mark the historic milestone, with the official changeover taking place at 1:25pm today.
125 years of history.